BORN TO RACE
LIMAR AIR SPEED. DEVELOPED AND PROJECTED WITH TEAM ASTANA
More aerodynamics than ever: developed and projected with Team Astana, the Air Speed has been tested with other helmets to check the aerodynamic resistance inside the Wind Tunnel in Magny-Cours, in France, turning out to be the best at an average speed of 40 km/h.
AIR SPEED gets record values referring to the aerodynamic resistance coefficient, fruit of our continuous research to overcome new limits in terms of performance, safety and reliability.
WE WENT BEYOND WIND TUNNEL
Studies have proved that about 20% of the aerodynamic drag depends on the bicycle used during competitions, while the remaining 80% is due to the athlete’s position on the saddle. The helmet is therefore the fundamental element to minimize the frontal area and to determine a better aerodynamic penetration.
And then the wind tunnel tests...
Not only with three-dimensional simulation supports, using CFD software, but also taking into account the numerous variables, especially in competitions, when the rider hardly remains on the saddle in the same position, moving the head countless times.
And here comes our Limar Airspeed: designers found the perfect combination between aerodynamic advantage (wind tunnel test) and better dynamics both on open roads and in velodromes (tests in real-life environmental conditions). It was during one of the recent road training sessions in Calp and indoor at the Valencia velodrome, that the Astana Team riders were able to really test the helmet. They got incredibly excited of the characteristics that make AIR SPEED the ideal helmet.
12 air vents and 3 longitudinal channels allow a faster extraction of hot air, granting an immediate cool effect in the head and even during long performances. Aerodynamics and compact, with a very nice shape and attractive line as if drawn by the wind.
Thanks to the head adjustment system AIR FIT SYSTEM, light and compact with both vertical and horizontal adjustment, in perfect connection with straps, for a really comfortable and safe fitting. Supplied with Fidlock magnetic buckle and soft, washable and non-allergenic pads.